The Mindful Cook Food Retreats are ideal for anyone wanting a break in a beautiful location with some time to focus on well-being and healthy food.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This weekend is all yours …..
The residential retreats are two nights stay in beautiful accommodation in stunning locations. Learn some new healthy dishes, tips on how to eat mindfully, nutritional advice and chill out in a relaxed environment where you will be invited to take part in some simple food preparation, sample lots of different flavours, and share some amazing meals together .
There is an opportunity to have an evening guided meditation and early morning yoga session and you are welcome to join in as much or as little as you want with the group, it’s entirely up to you. Nothing about this weekend is obligatory, you can pick and choose whatever you want to do.
Most of all, take time for yourself, experience and taste some new things, leave with a folder full of new recipes and the know-how to re-create them at home, and have good fun!
The retreat starts around 4pm on a Friday and finishes around 11am on the Sunday morning.
7:45/8.00am – Optional movement class
9am – Breakfast
10:30am – Food demonstrations & tasting, workshops, recipe sharing
1.00pm – Delicious lunch is served
2.00pm – Free time and relaxing – treatments can be arranged at extra cost
4.00pm – Re-group for creative foodie fun.
7pm – Dinner cooked by Josie
8pm – Guided Meditation
Comments from previous guests:
I had the most fantastic time at this retreat – it was relaxing but we packed loads in ! Josie is a brilliant cook and her passion and love are in everything she does – I highly recommend this course as an enriching and inspirational experience
I have just spent a weekend away at Breathing Space with an awesome group of ladies to join The Mindful Cook course run by Josie who discusses the food and menus and the nutritional balance of a good menu and food planning. She is truly passionate about the subject and this shines through in the loving attention to detail and preparation of the food, which we all ate with gusto. I have a lot of new recipes to try and intend to expand my experimental side. Thank you for sharing your love of good food with me, as you know you have already been entered into my cooking folder of go-to recipes
Have just returned home totally inspired and relaxed after a wonderful weekend of mindful cooking. Josie put her heart and soul into making a fun and educational weekend. I feel privileged to have meet such a fabulous group of ladies to enjoy my time at Breathing Space.
Thank you for exciting this look into thinking further outside the box and give me the opportunity to try some new food!
Who Should Come Along?
Anyone who is interested in:
- Learning how to prepare simple, healthy, and inspiring food for themselves in a beautiful environment.
- Getting tips on how to eat mindfully, some practical nutritional advice and sharing your experiences with food
- Having a chance to put down the phone (phones are not banned…and neither is alcohol!) but rather a chance to leave the emails behind, get some much needed ‘you time’ and escape.
- Exploring the peaceful & beautiful Norfolk countryside
- Taking in a daily movement class that helps you to tune in and move your body in a positive way. Classes will be aimed at all abilities and there will be something for everyone.
- Nourish your body with healthy, delicious food, try different flavours and taste experiences.
- A perfect mix of movement (yoga/walking/Qigong) and time for the body to rest and rejuvenate – what your body needs to reset and perform at its optimum on return to your everyday
- A chance to truly slow down, escape the ‘noise’ of home and working life and reconnect with yourself. In the hustle and bustle of everyday life it can be easy for your health goals to be de-prioritised month after month….this is an opportunity to get back on track!