This delicious crumble uses dates, oats, nuts and other yummy ingredients to make a crispy crumble topping.
Extra Special Gluten Free Apple and Ginger Crumble. GF.Print This
- Note : You can use apples/summer berries/plums/gooseberries - whatever takes your fancy!
- Dependent on the sweetness of the fruit you can choose to stew them with a little water and coconut nectar or not. This recipe is for a crumble using cooking apples.
- Fruit Base:
- 8 Cooking Apples, peeled cored sliced to fairly thick slices
- 2 Balls of crystalised ginger in syrup and a little of the syrup
- 100g Brown rice flour
- 100g Crystallised coconut nectar
- 100g Butter
- 50g Oats
- 50g Chopped nuts
- 25g Chopped dates
If you are using cooking apples that tend to be a little sharp, place a little water in the bottom of a heavy based pan, place the apple slices on top and sprinkle over a couple of tablespoons of coconut nectar. Pop on the hob on a low heat for 10 mins, turning gently so the apples soften and become coated in nectar. After 10 mins, set to one side.
Chop up the ginger balls into small chunks.
Mix all the crumble topping ingredients in a blender on a pulse setting until the mixture looks like chunky breadcrumbs.
Spread the apples on bottom of a lasagne dish or similar shallow oven-proof dish, sprinkle over the ginger chunks and syrup and shake over the crumble topping so you get an even covering.
Pop in the oven for 30-40 minutes on a 170°C.