This delicious smoothie supports hormonal health – hence me calling it the happy hormone smoothie! It contains Maca powder – Maca is an adaptogen herb and a rich source of nutrients, including 20 different amino acids and a variety of antioxidants. It’s associated with energy, fertility, & female sexual health and said to help balance female sex hormones such as Estrogen, which is why many menopause ‘experts’ recommend it for menopausal women. This smoothie also contain raw cacao powder which is a nutrient POWERHOUSE so you really can’t go wrong with this recipe! Maca can be bought online at Amazon, or even now in Lidl so I have been told!
Happy Hormone SmoothiePrint This
- 2 Tsp Maca Powder
- 2 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder - this is a nutritional POWERHOUSE high in antioxidant flavonoids, and minerals; copper, potassium, phosphorous, iron, zinc, and magnesium.
- Half a banana - packed with potassium and sweetens the drink perfectly
- 1 Tsp of decent honey
- 250ml Oat Milk – or you can use whatever milk you like
- 1 Tsp of Peanut Butter - a good source of protein
- 250ml Water
- 1 serving Collagen powder – Not essential but good for hair, nails and bones - leave this out if you haven’t got it.
- A handful of spinach - just because I love my greens!
Pop all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend for a good 5 minutes until everything is broken down and mixed in well. Pour, drink and enjoy!