This recipe for peanut butter and choc chip coconut macaroons, is REALLY simple. It takes about 15 minutes to pull together and then only 8 minutes to bake. You get a great result for very little effort. Dairy free and can be vegan if you use Agave Syrup rather than honey. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter and Choc Chip Coconut MacaroonsPrint This
- 110g Smooth wholefood peanut butter
- 50g Cacao nibs or smashed dark choc
- 100ml Runny honey (if vegan go for Agave Syrup)
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate soda
- 220g Desiccated coconut (organic is best to avoid sulphur dioxide)
- 25g Spelt flour (white or stone-ground will do)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 80g Melted dark choc to drizzle if desired
Preheat oven to a 180C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them in well with a spatula. Place about 2 tablespoons of mixture in your hands and make a ball, place on the baking tray and flatten to a disc. NB: I found that I had to rinse my hands off every two or three and leave my hands a little damp which definitely helped to make them stick together rather than sticking to me! Leave a small gap between each macaroon on the tray.
Pop in the oven on a 180 for 8 minutes, until they are browning on the edges. Take out and allow to cool – they firm up as they cool so don’t worry if they seem a little soft.
Melt the remaining choc to drizzle or dip once they are cooled!