This is a recipe for Mindful Tabbouleh can use pretty much any grain you choose. The original, popular recipe uses bulgur wheat, but I have tried it with quinoa, bulgur and this version was brown rice, spelt grains, and barley. The mix of fresh herbs and salad vegetables makes for a super fresh tasting summer salad that will accompany most dishes, or is great just as it is!
- 300g Buckwheat, or any cooked grains of your choice
- 15 or so Pomordorino Tomatoes finely chopped
- Half a cucumber Finley chopped
- One Red Onion Finely Chopped
- Big handful of fresh parsley and mint finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Cook your grains according to the packet. If you are using Buckwheat, I use plenty of water and simmer it on a medium heat for 10 minutes, drain and let it stand in steam for a further 5 and then run it through with cold water. This normally produces a nice nutty texture, I don't like it too sloppy!
Once you grains are cool, mix all of your finely chopped ingredients together to create a colourful mixture. Shake up your dressing ingredients together and mix it in. Pop back in the fridge until you are ready to serve up.