This warm Asian salad is an eating sensation! Sweet and spice, warm and cool, and soft and crisp. I absolutely love South East Asian flavours. One of my favorite places to eat out is Wagamama and I developed this recipe from a dish I had in there. The combination of the soft roasted vegetables, crunch from the raw veg, the combination of warm and cool and the amazing dressing (which has a kick!) makes this a great eating experience. You can buy Shichmi easily online.
- 1 Sweet potato cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 Red Peppers, trimmed, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 1 Small Butternut Squash cubed
- 200g Sugar Snap Peas sliced on the diagonal
- 3 Sprigs of Coriander
- Sesame & Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 2 Tbsp Rice wine
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 100g Miso paste
- 1/2 Tsp Shichmi* seasoning NOTE! This is a very hot mix – so use a little and try it out first!
- 1 Tbsp Chilli oil
- 1 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
Pop all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and beat with a fork or small whisk until smooth.
Pre-heat the oven to 200g. Put sweet potato, and butternut on a roasting pan and toss in a little sesame and olive oil, season well and roast for 20 minutes, or until tender. Allow to cool a little. Put all the ingredients except the coriander into a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Then top with the coriander and serve.
* Shichmi typically has: Ground chili, Japanese pepper, roast orange peel, black sesame seed, ground ginger, poppy seed and Nori (seaweed) in it.